Under the direct supervision of the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Office Clerk- Will Call is responsible for maintaining customer database with current information, provide accounting with billing information and prepare invoices for processing. They will also be responsible for processing all incoming payments and coordinate product pick-ups at will-call.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Process all incoming transactions for payments received by cash, or credit card from Customers.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of shifts to ensure that sales amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Maintain a clean and orderly checkout area.
- Coordinate service or delivery of products to customer sites, if instructed.
- Answer all incoming phone calls.
- Review and verify pick list to avoid picking errors.
- Verify weights and quantities prior customer pick up.
- Assure accuracy in daily open orders; verify posted correctly.
- Track all sales and out-going products by updating the daily log sheet.
- Return all unclaimed will-call items to their home location.
- Cancelled sales order.
- Organize workflow to meet customer deadlines; ability to prioritize workload.
- Organize workflow to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to ensure a safe work environment.
- Maintain facility grounds and dumpster areas.
- May clean other areas of the warehouse, to include breakroom, restrooms, offices, etc.
- Clean and respond to any spills immediately in the warehouse.
- Follows all Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and procedures that relate to sanitation, food safety and pest control within the warehouse.
- Sweeps and cleans entire warehouse to maintain required level of cleanliness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Good Ethical Conduct
- High level of confidentiality.
- Cash Handling
- Competent keyboard skills to produce accurate and well-presented reports.]
- Medium proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This role also routinely uses standard warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks, hand trucks, and forklifts. Must be able to perform work at various heights, up to but not limited to 15 feet above the ground.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a non-exempt (hourly) position. Schedules may change based on operational needs.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. Work under minimal supervision, apply logic and reasoning to solve complex problems, use sound judgement and discretion in performing work duties. Requires excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to listen, persuade, and influence skills in dealing with all levels of employees, clients and vendors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear; however, this position requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 75 lbs. on occasion.
Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures. Must be able to maintain a safe environment and ensure compliance with all rules, procedures, and regulations for safety and operations.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
2 Years of clerical work (preferably in a warehouse setting)
Preferred Education and Experience
Knowledge of warehouse process.
Desire to learn and grow
Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.