***DRUG SCREENING REQUIRED***
Under direction from the Warehouse Night Shift Supervisor, the Warehouse Night Crew Lead will lead the process of order filling and loading of trucks to prepare for delivery. Oversight of this process entails a combination of accuracy in count, familiarity with products to effectively delegate tasks and meet delivery times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitors the picking of products by reading picking labels and defining locations of products.
- Monitor workflow to ensure productivity and pace meets delivery deadlines.
- Maintain the picking crew’s pace to ensure workflow is ahead of the loading crew.
- Monitor picking for frozen, chill and dry orders to ensure product picked efficiently flows to the loaders.
- Monitor all pallets are properly stacked by placing heavier items on the bottom and working the load upwards. Must ensure no pallets are over stacked.
- Ensure all “storing” pallets are moved to the proper location, record the amount of pallets for route, and wrap and tag pallet for loading.
- Ensure all pulled product is safely “staged” on the loading dock and complies with all food safety handling guidelines by monitoring time and temperature.
- Assist Supervisors by preparing boards for town routes, picking tickets, and monitoring attendance.
- Assist loading crew as needed.
- Assist Supervisors in all loading of outbound deliveries.
- Efficiently load trucks with correct products, avoiding potential stacking/delivery damages, and by sequential order.
- Perform dispatch duties as needed.
- Monitor productivity to ensure delivery times are met.
- Check and inspect all stack orders are properly loaded (i.e. correct pack size, code number, route boards).
- Properly stack all “bag” items, avoiding stacking items on pallets.
- Properly load pallets into trucks by building pallets to a safe height. Must eliminate all loose product in the middle of the pallet.
- Ensure quality assurance by reducing the number of loading errors, reducing the number of damaged products, and verifying the product delivered is presentable and up to company standards.
- Loading trucks with perishable products in a timely manner in compliance with the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) plan, federal and state food safety guidelines.
- Follows all Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and procedures that relate to sanitation, food safety and pest control.
- Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to ensure a safe work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Organizational Skills.
- Time Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- High level of confidentiality
- Warehouse Management.
- Competent keyboard skills to produce accurate and well-presented reports.
- Medium proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer and AFS (Advanced Food System)
This position does not have supervisory responsibility
This job operates in a warehouse setting. This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks, hand trucks, and forklifts. Must be able to perform work at various heights, up to but not limited to 15 feet above the ground.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position. Schedules may change based on operational needs. Position may require working overtime and holidays.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. Work under minimal supervision, apply logic and reasoning to solve complex problems, use sound judgement and discretion in performing work duties. Requires excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to listen, persuade, and influence skills in dealing with all levels of employees, clients and vendors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and up to 75 lbs on occasion.
Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures. Must be able to maintain a safe environment and ensure compliance with all rules, procedures, and regulations for safety and operations.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma
2 years of warehouse experience with I year minimum supervisory level experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge of warehouse process.
- Desire to learn and grow
- Must have attention to detail, excellent customer service, and front of the line support.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.