***DRUG SCREENING REQUIRED***
Under the direct supervision of the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Day Receiving Clerk is responsible for the receipt, verification and recording of products that come into the facility. Responsible for ensuring that the Advanced Food System (AFS) is accurate and up to date.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming shipments.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming shipments to verify information against invoices, orders, or other records.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with Purchasing Department to rectify damages and shortages.
- May operate forklift truck or use hand-truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from receiving platform to storage or work area.
- May direct others in receiving incoming shipments.
- Monitor and review transfer sheets; input data into system and communicate discrepancies with Warehouse Supervisor.
- Process Special orders from Purchasing Department.
- Complete all transfers by 2:00 pm on a daily basis.
- Organize workflow to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Follows all Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and procedures that relate to sanitation, food safety and pest control.
- Perform work duties in compliance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) plan to ensure Warehouse policies and procedures follow the stated Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Sweep and clean to maintain required level of cleanliness.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Organizational Skills.
- Time Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- High level of confidentiality
- Competent keyboard skills to produce accurate and well-presented reports.
- Medium proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a warehouse environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This role also routinely uses standard warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks, hand trucks, and forklifts. Must be able to perform work at various heights, up to but not limited to 15 feet above the ground.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position. Schedules may change based on operational needs.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. Work under minimal supervision, apply logic and reasoning to solve complex problems, use sound judgement and discretion in performing work duties. Requires good written and oral communications skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases. Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs on occasion.
Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures. Must be able to maintain a safe environment and ensure compliance with all rules, procedures, and regulations for safety and operations.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge of warehouse process.
- Desire to learn and grow
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.