The Warehouse Day Crew Member performs an array of functions that may include shipping and receiving of raw materials and/or finished goods, maintaining inventory and associated records, record new stock as it comes in, and move stock onto trucks or warehouse shelves as needed. This process entails a combination of accuracy in count, familiarity with products, and ability to work under strict time constraints with a high level of detail.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicate with Warehouse Office Clerk and Warehouse Inventory Team (WIT) on products received that are damaged, outdated or shorted.
- Receive container freight in an efficient manner by verifying date codes on receipt items. Reject any outdated products as needed.
- Stock all received products by properly rotating products using First In First Out “FIFO”.
- Ensures all pallets are properly stacked by placing heavier items on the bottom and working the load upwards. Must ensure no pallets are over stacked.
- Separate items similar looking packages when stacking products to prevent picking errors.
- Slot away perishable products in a timely manner in accordance to proper food handling guidelines and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) plan.
- Slot products accurately, utilizing designated areas for slotting pallets.
- Handle incoming freight by separating dry, frozen, chill products.
- Follow all Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP).
- Monitor and control Time and Temperature for storing, picking or transporting goods.
- Keep warehouse clean and safe by sweeping, mopping, emptying rubbish containers, disposing saran wrap and broken wood immediately.
- Keep machinery operating properly by changing forklift batteries, accurately completing forklift checklist (before and after use) and reporting any problems immediately to Supervisors.
- Assist drivers by pulling, staging, and loading pallets for deliveries
- Organize workflow to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to ensure a safe work environment.
- Maintain facility grounds and dumpster areas.
- Ensure other areas of the warehouse are properly cleaned, to include breakroom, restrooms, offices, etc.
- Clean and respond to any spills immediately.
- Sweep and clean to maintain required level of cleanliness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Good Ethical Conduct
- High level of confidentiality.
- Competent keyboard skills to produce accurate and well-presented reports.
- Medium proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer and AFS (Advanced Food System)
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a warehouse setting. This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks, hand trucks, and forklifts. Must be able to perform work at various heights, up to but not limited to 15 feet above the ground.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a non-exempt (hourly) position. The schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The schedule is subject to change.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. Work under minimal supervision, apply logic and reasoning to solve complex problems, use sound judgement and discretion in performing work duties. Requires excellent written and oral communications skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 75 lbs. on occasion.
Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures. Must be able to maintain a safe environment and ensure compliance with all rules, procedures, and regulations for safety and operations.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Knowledge of warehouse process.
2. Desire to learn and grow.
3. Must have attention to detail, excellent customer service, and front of the line support.
4. Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.