Performs maintenance and repairs on building systems, and other equipment. Responsible for removing, installing, diagnosing, repairing, disassembling and assembling parts, and components. Performs all duties according to safety procedures. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform skilled work in the operation, maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds, machinery, and mechanical equipment.
- Works independently and utilizes general knowledge of related fields such as plumbing, carpentry, masonry, painting and welding.
- Utilizes various instrumentation to detect refrigerant leaks and prevent discharge of CFC’s to the atmosphere.
- Utilizes test equipment and schematics/wiring diagrams to troubleshoot equipment.
- Monitors and evaluates condition of facility and equipment.
- Ensure preventative maintenance is completed.
- Operates various types of forklifts.
- Assists other team members in other areas of maintenance such as vehicle repairs, refrigeration, and facility projects.
- Procures parts and equipment utilizing good judgement; factoring quality and cost in procurement decisions.
- Learn how to use and be well versed with maintenance software programs.
- Completes required documentation for planned maintenance and breakdown work performed.
- Enters data into maintenance software program timely, completely and accurately.
- Communicates regularly with and immediately reports all safety issues, incidents, and maintenance needs to the Property Manager.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Abides by company policies and procedures as established in the Employee Handbook.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Good Ethical Conduct
- Good Working knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, and welding, basic electrical, and strong mechanical aptitude.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Able to present information in forms, tables, and spreadsheets.
- Medium proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in an environment that consists of various temperature settings, including below freezing temperatures. Employee may be exposed to gases, fumes and noises for small periods of time that may cause discomfort. This role routinely uses standard tools while on the job, including wrenches, pliers, drills, lathes, grinders, and screwdrivers.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a non-exempt (hourly) position, and schedule hours of work and days will be based to support our Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. May be required to respond to off hour emergency mechanical breakdowns on an on-call basis; including weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend, climb and twist; requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases. Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures. Must be able to maintain a safe environment and ensure compliance with all rules, procedures, and regulations for safety and operations.
This position will be required to support mechanical needs island-wide.
Valid Class 3 Driver’s License
Clean Driver’s Abstract
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent
1 year of experience working in maintenance or repairs.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.