***DRUG SCREENING REQUIRED**
Under the general direction of the Transportation Manager, the Truck Washer is responsible for maintaining the washing and cleaning of trucks appropriately. Use such materials as water, cleaning agents, brushes, cloths, and hoses. In addition, they will be tasked with assisting inside the maintenance shop.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Inspect parts, equipment, or vehicles for cleanliness, damage, and compliance with standards or regulations.
- Scrub, scrape, or vehicles, using scrapers, brushes, clothes, cleaners, disinfectants, vacuums, or hoses.
- Mix cleaning solutions or other compounds, according to formulas.
- Rinse objects and place them on drying racks or use cloth, squeegees, or air compressors to dry surfaces.
- Clean and polish vehicle windows.
- Sweep, shovel, or vacuum loose debris or salvageable scrap into containers and remove containers from work areas.
- Maintain inventories of supplies.
- Clean the plastic work inside trucks.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Organize workflow to meet deadlines.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to ensure a safe work environment.
- Follows all Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and procedures that relate to sanitation, food safety and pest control.
- Sweep and clean to maintain required level of cleanliness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Ethical Conduct
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in an outdoor environment. This role routinely uses various cleaning supplies and water.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position, and schedule hours of work and days will be based to support our Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. operational hours.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. Work under minimal supervision, apply logic and reasoning to solve complex problems, use sound judgement and discretion in performing work duties. Requires excellent written and oral communications skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend, climb and twist; requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and up to 75 lbs on occasion.
Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures. Must be able to maintain a safe environment and ensure compliance with all rules, procedures, and regulations for safety and operations.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.