***DRUG SCREENING REQUIRED***
The Sanitation Workers play a crucial role in the Frozen Foods Operation. Typical work activities follow our Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) to maintain a clean and sanitary environment. Duties will include following a detailed checklist to clean entire facilities that complies with FDA, State, and OSHA standards. Duties to include emptying trash cans, transporting waste, sweeping, mopping, chipping ice, painting and respecting environmental protection guidelines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete daily sanitation checklist activities within the warehouses and facility grounds surrounding the Frozen Foods Operation.
- Follows all Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) procedures that relate to sanitation, food safety and pest control within the Operations.
- Sweeps and cleans all warehouses and facility grounds to maintain required level of cleanliness.
- Empties trash bins and cleans trash area daily.
- Removes all ice build-up and debris.
- Clean and respond to any spills immediately.
- Performs light maintenance duties as assigned (i.e., paints bollards and rodent strips, pressure-wash walls, floors and equipment, cleans light fixtures, checks freezers and coolers for leaks that cause ice build-up, etc.)
- Prepares various reports and forms to document cleaning schedule, spillages, product damage, etc.
- Submits request for sanitation and cleaning supplies.
- Supports other departments by helping Transportation and Maintenance with deliveries and special projects.
- Maintain facility grounds and dumpster areas.
- Completes all monitoring forms, records, and documentation to comply with operational, 3rd Party Audits, State and FDA requirements.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Organize workflow to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to ensure a safe work environment.
- Clean and respond to any spills immediately.
- Follows all Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and procedures that relate to sanitation, food safety and pest control.
- Sweep and clean to maintain required level of cleanliness.
- Participate in daily Flex & Stretch.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Organizational Skills.
- Time Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Able to present information in forms, tables, and spreadsheets.
- Competent keyboard skills to produce accurate and well-presented reports.
- Medium proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a warehouse that consists of various temperature settings. This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks, hand trucks, and forklifts.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position, and schedule hours of work and days will be based to support our Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. warehouse operational hours.
- Medical, Dental Vision and Drug
- Single plan 100% covered by employer.
- Two Party and Family Plans offered for an additional cost.
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Group Term Life Insurance
Benefits are subject to eligibility
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. Work under minimal supervision, apply logic and reasoning to solve complex problems, use sound judgement and discretion in performing work duties. Requires excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to listen, persuade, and influence skills in dealing with all levels of employees, clients and vendors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend, and twist; requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and 75 lbs. and up on occasion.
Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures. Must be able to maintain a safe environment and ensure compliance with all rules, procedures, and regulations for safety and operations.
No travel is expected for this position.
Hepatitis A Vaccine
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma and successful completion of the Food Safety Manager course through the State of Hawaii Department of Health; or ability to obtain within the first 6 months of employment.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Desire to learn and grow
- Must have attention to detail, excellent customer service, and front of the line support
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.