***DRUG SCREENING REQUIRED***
Performs maintenance and repairs on refrigeration equipment, building systems, and other equipment. Responsible for removing, installing, diagnosing, repairing, disassembling and assembling parts, and components. Performs all duties according to safety procedures. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots refrigeration systems, HVAC systems, and equipment.
- Utilizes various instrumentation and reclamation equipment to detect refrigerant leaks and prevent discharge of CFC’s to the atmosphere.
- Utilizes test equipment and schematics/wiring diagrams to troubleshoot equipment.
- Performs assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance as directed on varying equipment.
- Installs and repairs electrical/electronic components on machinery and equipment.
- Monitors and evaluates condition of equipment.
- Ensure preventative maintenance is completed.
- Able to perform work independently or as a team member.
- Operates various types of forklifts.
- Provides assistance to other team members in other areas of maintenance such as plumbing, carpentry, painting, etc.
- Procures parts and equipment utilizing good judgement; factoring quality and cost in procurement decisions.
- Learn how to use and be well versed with MPulse facility maintenance software.
- Completes required documentation for planned maintenance and breakdown work performed.
- Enters data into MPulse timely, completely and accurately.
- Communicates regularly with and immediately reports all safety issues, incidents, and maintenance needs to the Properties Manager.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Abides by company policies and procedures as established in the Employee Handbook.
- Reliable and punctual in reporting to work as scheduled; enforces company time and attendance policy.
- Able to work with anyone and always have a positive attitude towards your peers.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and display a friendly and warm atmosphere with all co-workers.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- Organize workflow to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to ensure a safe work environment.
- Clean and respond to any spills immediately.
- Follows all Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and procedures that relate to sanitation, food safety and pest control.
- Sweep and clean to maintain required level of cleanliness.
- Participate in daily Flex & Stretch.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Organizational Skills.
- Time Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Able to present information in forms, tables, and spreadsheets.
- Medium proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a maintenance shop that consists of various temperature settings. This role routinely uses standard tools while on the job, including wrenches, pliers, drills, lathes, grinders, and screwdrivers.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position, and schedule hours of work and days will be based to support our Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. May be required to respond to off hour emergency mechanical breakdowns on an on-call basis; including weekends.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. Work under minimal supervision, apply logic and reasoning to solve complex problems, use sound judgement and discretion in performing work duties. Requires excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to listen, persuade, and influence skills in dealing with all levels of employees, clients and vendors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend, climb and twist; requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases. Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures. Must be able to maintain a safe environment and ensure compliance with all rules, procedures, and regulations for safety and operations.
This position will be required to support mechanical needs island-wide.
Hepatitis A Vaccine
Valid Class 3 Driver’s License
Clean Driver’s Abstract
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma.
2. 2 years of experience working in maintenance or equipment repair.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates Degree in related field.
- Refrigeration degree certification degree.
- EPA Section 608 technician certification.
- Must have attention to detail, excellent customer service, and front of the line support
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.