The Purchasing Clerk is in charge of running reports, invoice costing, and completing job cost sheets for bids. One must also respond timely to emails, phone calls, and face-to-face requests by in-house teammates. Candidate will be called upon to process required paperwork. This position requires superior customer support standards, the ability to successfully juggle responsibilities, a positive, team-oriented attitude, and the ability to switch gears quickly. The ideal candidate is flexible, coachable, comfortable moving through multiple computer programs, and has desire to learn and grow.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in processing the receipt of goods for payment.
- Manage telephone calls professionally, efficiently and with good communication skills.
- Verify all invoices have a corresponding purchase order.
- Compile and submit bid quotations.
- Verify quantities and prices are accurate.
- Coordinate consolidation of third-party logistics.
- Assist in collection of vendor claims.
- Communicate with freight consolidators and create/prepare consolidation lists.
- Notify and contact buyer on any discrepancies on the receipt of goods.
- Submit documentation to authorize bill payment.
- Act as a liaison between sales and purchasing department
- Ensure products are properly received and invoiced to prepare for delivery.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Organize workflow to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to ensure a safe work environment.
- Clean and respond to any spills immediately.
- Follows all Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and procedures that relate to sanitation, food safety and pest control.
- Sweep and clean to maintain required level of cleanliness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Good Ethical Conduct
- High level of confidentiality.
- Able to present information in forms, tables, and spreadsheets.
- Competent keyboard skills to produce accurate and well-presented reports.
- Medium proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a non-exempt (hourly) position. The schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The schedule is subject to change.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. Work under minimal supervision, apply logic and reasoning to solve complex problems, use sound judgement and discretion in performing work duties. Requires excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to listen, persuade, and influence skills in dealing with all levels of employees, clients and vendors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures. Must be able to maintain a safe environment and ensure compliance with all rules, procedures, and regulations for safety and operations.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or Equivalent
3 years in a customer service or office setting.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Desire to learn and grow
- Must have attention to detail, excellent customer service, and front of the line support
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.