***DRUG SCREENING REQUIRED***
Under general direction from the Retail Operation Supervisor, the Merchandiser position is responsible for merchandising Suisan Company, Limited’s complete line of quality products to existing accounts. It also includes communicating with store personnel and working closely with Suisan’s Sales and Purchasing department in a team environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Determines call schedule by reviewing priorities with manager/supervisor; discussing special instructions, product promotions, new products, and price changes.
- Maintains customer relationships by visiting with store managers, department managers, and employees; answering their questions; responding to special requests; describing product features.
- Maintains store shelves by observing displays of company products; removing damaged or freshness-dated products; tidying store shelves; providing optimum display of products.
- Maintains inventory by restocking shelves with product from inventory; observing inventory levels; prompting store management to reorder when levels appear low; arranging for return and credit for damaged products.
- Completes call report by observing display and pricing of competitors’ products.
- Completes Time tracker upon entering and departing account.
- Helps field sales representatives with special promotions by setting-up displays at aisle ends; checking daily on special promotions; observing customer reaction to special promotions; forwarding observations to management; removing promotions at end of special promotion period.
- Provides information by reporting growth, expansion, or closing of accounts in assigned territory.
- Maintains quality results by following and enforcing standards.
- Enhances merchandising and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Placing orders, discounting, crediting, and communicating with the sales and purchasing staff.
- Maintain an organized and an orderly work environment.
- Interact, communicate and make suggestions to customers on a daily basis.
- Communicate all issues, in store and out of the stores, to the proper people including other merchandiser’s and management.
- Operate your personal vehicle in a safe and courteous fashion.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Organize workflow to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to ensure a safe work environment.
- Clean and respond to any spills immediately.
- Follows all Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and procedures that relate to sanitation, food safety and pest control.
- Sweep and clean to maintain required level of cleanliness.
- Participate in daily Flex & Stretch.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Organizational Skills.
- Time Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- High level of confidentiality
- Able to present information in forms, tables, and spreadsheets.
- Competent keyboard skills to produce accurate and well-presented reports.
- Medium proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a retail store environment. This role routinely uses pallet jacks and hand-truck equipment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time, non-exempt (hourly) position, and schedule hours of work and days will be based to support our Monday through Friday, 3:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and rotational Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. retail operational hours.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. Work under minimal supervision, apply logic and reasoning to solve complex problems, use sound judgement and discretion in performing work duties. Requires excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to listen, persuade, and influence skills in dealing with all levels of employees, clients and vendors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; climb; requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and up to 75 lbs on occasion.
Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures. Must be able to maintain a safe environment and ensure compliance with all rules, procedures, and regulations for safety and operations.
This position is required to travel to various client sites in the West Hawaii District regularly and to East Hawaii on occasion.
Valid Driver’s License
Proof of Liability Insurance
Reliable Personal Vehicle
Hepatitis A Vaccine
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma
Bachelor’s Degree preferred and/or in process or equivalent experience of 3 years in retail market or warehouse setting.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Fluency in foreign language, preferable Japanese or Chinese.
- Desire to learn and grow
- Must have attention to detail, excellent customer service, and front of the line support
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.