***DRUG SCREENING REQUIRED***
The Marketing Specialist’s position entails developing and executing Suisan’s annual marketing program. This position establishes and builds relationships with new and existing vendors to achieve our vision as the distributor of choice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and execute Suisan’s annual marketing program.
- Communicate and build relationships with program participants.
- Seek and pursue opportunities for new program participants.
- Grow program revenue and vendor participation.
- Negotiate marketing objectives with vendors and create an action plan to achieve the goals set forth.
- Collect and analyze data, generate reports, and present results for internal customer (sales and purchasing) and external customers (vendors and brokers) to monitor performance, results, and ROI.
- Together with the Director of Sales and Purchasing, establish a budget for program revenue and expenses.
- Establish, communicate, and monitor the parameters for vendor and broker code of conduct policy for working with the Suisan sales team.
- Plan and execute vendor related events including sales meetings, food shows, seasonal promotions, and seminars. Engage and manage internal and external resources as needed.
- Continuously develop professional skills. Attend workshops, review trade publications, and establish industry and personal networks. Keep abreast of current product and business trends of foodservice operators, manufacturers, and distributors.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Suisan’s business to successfully lead program initiatives. Ensure that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with Suisan’s mission and vision.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- Organize workflow to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Ethical Conduct
- High level of confidentiality
- Able to present information in forms, tables, and spreadsheets.
- Competent keyboard skills to produce accurate and well-presented reports.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt (salary) position.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. Work under minimal supervision, apply logic and reasoning to solve complex problems, use sound judgement and discretion in performing work duties. Requires excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to listen, persuade, and influence skills in dealing with all levels of employees, clients and vendors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures. Must be able to maintain a safe environment and ensure compliance with all rules, procedures, and regulations for safety and operations.
Occasional travel may be required to attend trade-shows or conferences.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Administration
- 2 years (minimum) of relevant experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Fluency in foreign language, preferable Japanese or Chinese.
- Desire to learn and grow
- Attention to detail and excellent customer service
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.