***DRUG SCREENING REQUIRED***
The Retail Market Lead is responsible for assisting the Retail Market Supervisor with overseeing retail market activities. This position will serve to ensure that market activities are done accurately, timely and safely. The Retail Market Lead will also serve as a back-up to the Retail Market Supervisor with daily operational activities in the event the Supervisor is not available.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with the training of Retail Market employees to include but not limited to Food Safety, Customer Service and General Safety and Security.
- Assist with the planning and organizing of weekly staff schedules to ensure proper staffing is in place to meet operational standards.
- Attend to customer questions, complaints and concerns immediately, and facilitate satisfactory resolution.
- Understand and appropriately use the company pricing system and policies.
- Ensure that all merchandise and products are stocked and available by opening hours.
- Ensure proper Opening, Mid-day, and Closing Standard Operating Procedures are followed.
- Conduct and monitor proper inventory rotation “First In First Out (FIFO)”.
- Ensure that waste and product loss is kept to a minimum, and proper record keeping is kept.
- Receive deliveries and rotate merchandise accordingly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Good Leadership Qualities.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Organizational Skills.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Medium proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a non-exempt (hourly) position. Schedules are subject to change and based on operational needs.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. Work under minimal supervision, apply logic and reasoning to solve complex problems, use sound judgement and discretion in performing work duties. Requires good written and oral communications skills. Ability to listen, persuade, and influence skills in dealing with all levels of employees, clients and vendors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items. Requires the ability to move around the retail market and maneuver merchandise when necessary. Moving and standing continuously for up to 4 hours straight.
Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures. Must be able to maintain a safe environment and ensure compliance with all rules, procedures, and regulations for safety and operations.
- TB Clearance
- Successful completion of the Food Safety Manager course through the State of Hawaii Department of Health and Seafood HACCP through AFDO; or ability to obtain within the first 6 months of employment.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years customer service experience
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.