A Retail Market Clerk is responsible for servicing customers who patronize the market, maintain a clean and friendly retail environment and follow all safety procedures as mandated by the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the production and have knowledge and competency of all poke recipes.
- Acknowledge and appropriately greet and assist every customer in a timely manner.
- Maintain adequate inventory of food, utensils, and waste control.
- Process seafood using proper portion control and cutting procedures.
- Scaling, cleaning, and packaging of whole fish.
- Effectively monitor time and temperature controls; corrective action communicated to supervisor/manager on duty immediately.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and display a friendly and warm atmosphere with all co-workers.
- Manage telephone calls professionally, efficiently and with good communication skills.
- Process customer orders in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
- Organize workflow to meet customer deadlines; ability to prioritize workload.
- Effectively present, discuss, and offer recommendations for products and services of the Fish Market.
- Attend to customer questions, complaints and concerns immediately, and facilitate satisfactory resolution; always communicate with supervisor/manager on duty.
- Understand and appropriately use the company pricing system and policies.
- Attract potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services.
- Assist in various housekeeping and merchandising duties.
- Receive deliveries and rotate merchandise accordingly.
- Accurately merchandise and price product.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by recommending substitutions for out of stock products and provide information on the next ETA date for product outages
- Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to ensure a safe work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Organizational Skills.
- Time Management.
- Product Knowledge, including fish species and preparation styles.
- Ethical Conduct.
- High level of confidentiality
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a wholesale retail market setting. This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks, hand trucks, and forklifts.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position, and schedule hours of work and days will be based to support our Monday through Saturday, 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. business operational hours.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. Work under minimal supervision, apply logic and reasoning to solve complex problems, use sound judgement and discretion in performing work duties. Requires excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to listen, persuade, and influence skills in dealing with all levels of employees, clients and vendors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items. Requires the ability to move around the retail market and maneuver merchandise when necessary. Moving and standing continuously for up to 4 hours straight. Activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and up to 75 lbs on occasion.
Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures. Must be able to maintain a safe environment and ensure compliance with all rules, procedures, and regulations for safety and operations.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge of retail store operations.
- Desire to learn and grow.
- Food Safety credentials.
- Must have attention to detail, excellent customer service, and front of the line support
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.