****DRUG SCREENING REQUIRED****
The Distributor Sales Representative (DSR) is a key role within the Sales department. The DSR is responsible for selling new business directly as managing existing relationships. The DSR will work one-on-one with customers to assure they have the all their needs and expectations met. The DSR will also be responsible for customer relationship management and other sales support functions.
This role is a strategic partner for the organization and requires frequent facility visits and interactions are necessary for the success of the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Suisan Company Limited’s core products via successful completion of required sales training program, and utilize this knowledge to successfully lead sales support operations.
- Work with Sale Management team to create and maintain a world-class Sales culture, focused on delivering results by providing exceptional sales support.
- Consistently ensure that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with Suisan Company, Limited’s values.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all customer service related issues handling all concerns. Will oversee the entire conflict resolution process from receiving the complaint, to investigating the cause, to communicating with the customer the corrective action (expedite correction or adjustment); escalate to respective Sales Manager, as appropriate.
- Provide superior customer service: both internally and externally.
- Develop your territory strategy.
- Emphasizing service or product features and benefits, discussing credit terms, quoting prices, and preparing sales order reports or forms.
- Maintaining and expanding the database of prospects of the organization.
- Service and maintain current relationships.
- Grow relationships through expansion of product lines.
- Utilize technology for up-to-date record keeping.
- Update customers on all “out of stocks” or “substitutions” to keep communication lines open for all key accounts
- Visit on average 40-50 sales calls per week for Food Service/ Retail or 20-25 sales call per week for Contracts.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity sales report, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Organize workflow to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to ensure a safe work environment.
- Follows all Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and procedures that relate to sanitation, food safety and pest control.
- Respond to all e-mail correspondence and phone messages in a timely manner.
- Participate in vendor ride-a-longs. Must have extensive product knowledge and vendor provided selling tips.
- Participate in daily Flex & Stretch.
- Performs other duties as directed by VP of Sales and Marketing.
- Organizational Skills.
- Time Management.
- Sales Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office, retail, restaurant or hotel environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Required to complete multiple priorities with time-sensitive deadlines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt (salaried) position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday (rotational), 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. business operational hours.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. Work under minimal supervision, apply logic and reasoning to solve complex problems, use sound judgement and discretion in performing work duties. Requires excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to listen, persuade, and influence skills in dealing with all levels of employees, clients and vendors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and up to 75 lbs on occasion. At times this position is a sedentary role; the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures. Must be able to maintain a safe environment and ensure compliance with all rules, procedures, and regulations for safety and operations.
This position is required to travel to various client sites islandwide.
Valid Driver’s License
Proof of Liability Insurance
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma or Equivalent
3 years of sales experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of managing Sales Support teams
- 2-5 years of demonstrated ability to evaluate and balance team and individual workloads through effective time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- 1-3 years of Training experience
- Fluency in foreign language, preferable Japanese or Chinese.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task
- Be proficient in software applications:
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer
- Able to prepare spreadsheets and graphs for use in analyzing data
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Strong leadership, management and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Organized with problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with ability to multi-task
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.