Performs maintenance duties such as diagnosing, adjusting, and repairing mechanical defects in LPG, gasoline and diesel automotive and fleet commercial vehicles and forklifts. Diagnosis and repair of hydraulic lift gates and reefer units. Evaluates and performs inspections compliant to all DOT and FDA guidelines. Must be able to read and understand shop manuals. Must have the ability to complete repair invoices accurately. Performs all duties according to safety procedures. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Diagnosing and repairing problems with commercial and fleet vehicles.
- Servicing clutch and linkage adjustment and overhauling and maintaining vehicles.
- Accurately complete corresponding maintenance logs in a timely manner.
- Assist with data entry tasks as assigned by manager/supervisor.
- Communicate effectively with Transportation Manager on proper maintenance and prevention of malfunctions and breakdowns in a timely manner.
- Perform modifications to vehicles as required.
- Clean and respond to any spills immediately following SDS cleanup procedures.
- Submits request for mechanic and maintenance supplies.
- Supports other departments by helping Transportation and Maintenance with special projects.
- Maintain facility grounds and dumpster, shop and surrounding areas.
- Completes all monitoring forms, records, and documentation to comply with operational, 3rd Party Audits, State and FDA requirements.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and display a friendly and warm atmosphere with all co-workers.
- Organize workflow to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to ensure a safe work environment.
- Follows all Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and procedures that relate to sanitation, food safety and pest control.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Good Ethical Conduct
- Good time management skills
- High level of confidentiality.
- Reading, legible writing and math comprehension.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a maintenance shop environment. Trouble calls will require working at various locations around the big island, in various temperatures and weather conditions. This role routinely uses various tools while on the job, including some specialized tools including wrenches, pliers, drills, impact drivers, grinders, and screwdrivers.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a non-exempt (hourly) position. Schedule hours and days will be Monday through Friday, 8:00a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and subject to change based on operational needs. May be required to respond on an on-call basis.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. Work under minimal supervision, apply logic and reasoning to solve complex problems, use sound judgement and discretion in performing work duties. Requires excellent written and oral communications skills.
Physical demands are heavy and sometimes working in low light areas.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend, climb and twist; requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures. Must be able to maintain a safe environment and ensure compliance with all rules, procedures, and regulations for safety and operations.
This position will be required to support mechanical needs island-wide.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent
ASE certification in Diesel or Automotive from an accredited college or university preferred, but not necessary.
Clean Driver’s Abstract
Preferred Education and Experience
- Desire to learn and grow
- Must have attention to detail, excellent customer service, and front of the line support
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.