The CDL Driver is responsible for the safe operation of a commercial vehicle to transport cargo island wide. The primary task is to safely deliver various Suisan products to satisfy customer needs. The CDL Driver will also ensure that all cargo is unloaded safely and in a timely and professional manner. CDL Driver’s must maintain a professional and customer service oriented attitude as they serve as the first point of contact with customers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Safely transport items to customer locations in a timely, safe, and courteous manner.
- Maintain driver logs and complete pre-trip inspections.
- Follow assigned sequence route instructions from dispatcher and manager.
- Complete and maintain driver’s daily manifest form.
- Investigate and resolve all discrepancies immediately. Must communicate the correction action to manager.
- Issue credit memos to clients for any onsite delivery discrepancies; COD collections if applicable.
- Must communicate all products delivered that are damaged, outdated, or shorted to WIT.
- Verify all outgoing items correspond and match up to invoice.
- Verify all food deliveries adhere to food safety standards and regulations.
- Adhere to all state and federal regulations and abide by all traffic laws.
- Prepares various reports and forms to document damage product, returned items, or other discrepancies.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and display a friendly and warm atmosphere with all co-workers.
- Organize workflow to meet tight deadlines.
- Load/unload truck properly following safety policies and procedures to prevent injury or damage product during delivery.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to ensure a safe work environment.
- Follows all Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and procedures that relate to sanitation, food safety and pest control.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Ethical Conduct
- High level of confidentiality
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in various restaurant, hotel, and retail settings. This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks, hand trucks, and forklifts.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position, and schedule hours of work and days will be based to support our Monday through Friday, 2:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday, 2:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. operational hours. On-call scheduling may be required.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. Work under minimal supervision, apply logic and reasoning to solve complex problems, use sound judgement and discretion in performing work duties. Requires excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to listen, persuade, and influence skills in dealing with all levels of employees, clients and vendors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend, climb and twist; requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and up to 75 lbs on occasion.
Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures. Must be able to maintain a safe environment and ensure compliance with all rules, procedures, and regulations for safety and operations.
Position will meet at transportation base yard. No use of personal vehicle will be required for delivery route. Employee will travel and deliver using Suisan fleet vehicle.
Must be 21 years of age or older
Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with ability to drive both automatic and manual (up to 13 speed road ranger transmission).
Current Department of Transportation (DOT) Physical
Clean driver’s abstract
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent
2 years Cash Handling experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- HAZMAT Endorsement
- TWIC Clearance.
- Desire to learn and grow.
- Have a basic knowledge of vehicular maintenance
- Must have attention to detail, excellent customer service, and front of the line support.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.