***DRUG SCREENING REQUIRED***
Fish Cutters play a crucial role in the Fish Market. Fish cutters are required to efficiently process fresh seafood to a degree that is economically profitable and is presentable to our customers. Duties include pulling fish, weighing, wrapping, and packing products to fill orders.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follows all Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) procedures that relate to sanitation and food safety.
- Wash and sanitize all processing equipment, (scales, knives, cutting boards, fish trays, and grundens) as well as wall and floors.
- Clean and respond to any spills immediately.
- Process fresh seafood for wholesale and retail.
- Provide retail market with appropriate fish for chunk and fillet cases and for poke use.
- Ensures retail cases stay full at all times.
- Ensure products are rotated using dates and First In First Out “FIFO” system.
- Ensure products are properly handled according to food safety standards (avoid cross contamination, segregate allergen products, etc.)
- Complete all monitoring forms, records, and documentation to comply with State and FDA requirements as needed.
- Acknowledge and appropriately greet and assist every customer in a timely manner to ensure customers have a positive experience.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and display a friendly and warm atmosphere with all co-workers.
- Perform periodic yield test to ensure highest yields.
- Ensure all orders are complete and packed in accordance with order slip.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- Organize workflow to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to ensure a safe work environment.
- Clean and respond to any spills immediately.
- Sweep and clean to maintain required level of cleanliness.
- Participate in daily Flex & Stretch.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Organizational Skills.
- Time Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Able to present information in forms, tables, and spreadsheets.
- Competent keyboard skills to produce accurate and well-presented reports.
- Medium proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a warehouse/ retail market setting. This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks, hand trucks, and forklifts.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position, and schedule hours of work and days will be based to support our Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and Saturday, 5:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. operational hours.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. Work under minimal supervision, apply logic and reasoning to solve complex problems, use sound judgement and discretion in performing work duties. Requires excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to listen, persuade, and influence skills in dealing with all levels of employees, clients and vendors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend, and twist; requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and up to 75 lbs on occasion.
Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures. Must be able to maintain a safe environment and ensure compliance with all rules, procedures, and regulations for safety and operations.
No travel is expected for this position.
Hepatitis A Vaccination
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma and successful completion of the Food Safety Manager course through the State of Hawaii Department of Health and Seafood HACCP through AFDO; or ability to obtain within the first 6 months of employment.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Desire to learn and grow
- Must have attention to detail, excellent customer service, and front of the line support
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.